Internet Free Education Resource Bank (IFERB)
The award-winning Internet Free Education Resources Bank (IFERB) is a project-based, game-based and play-based learning approach that consists of multiple resources that promote contextual and holistic hands-on learning for 4 to 15 year olds to learn from their surroundings. The IFERB was launched as an emergency response to support continued learning during COVID-19 school closures and other emergencies. IFERB has also become a solution to improve the quality of learning in low-resource contexts. The resources are all technology free, low resource requiring, interdisciplinary and related to real life contexts. All the resources are developed in-house by the ID team and available as open-source and cost-free content on our website.
Since its launch, IFERB’s reach has grown to 30+ pilot partners across eight countries (Lebanon, India, Kenya, Pakistan, Zambia, Afghanistan, Morocco, and Yemen) and has reached more than 827,000 learners across 175+ counties. There are learning resources available in 15 languages including Arabic, Dari, Pashto and Tamil.
- 150+ interdisciplinary project based learning resources that are mapped to 5 international curricula
- 100+ simple and fun to play math games to help learners gain fluency and confidence in math skills
- 70+ activities for children with disabilities to support their learning across 7 domain areas, which is available in 2 languages
- 17+ months’ worth of learning materials in our Learning Packages which are curated and ready-to-use projects and activities designed for a month-long learning experience across 4 tracks – literacy, numeracy, life skills and the world around us
- 200+ children’s Arabic storybooks available for multiple levels and in different themes along with engaging activities
- 33+ learning resources designed to engage Afghan refugee children and to promote essential literacy and numeracy skills along with social emotional learning, life-skills and practical learning about the host country (Available in Dari and Pashto)
- Teacher training modules
- Monitoring & evaluation tools
- Curriculum mapping tools
- Implementation guides
Access the Internet Free Resource Bank (IFERB) here: https://resources.educationaboveall.org/