Develop innovative solutions that address unsolved challenges in the education landscape.
Innovation Development works towards identifying persistent challenges in global education, designing and developing innovative solutions to make learning accessible to all, particularly to the hardest-to-reach children and youth in underserved communities.
Through its Ideas Lab, ID works with its partners to gather real-time intelligence and tailor-make solutions around student gaps, needs, resource accessibility, and community context, through fast, data-driven designs.
Our belief in empowering people and communities to innovate and problem-solve lays at the heart of our commitment to the IDD project.
We focus on projects that hold the potential to produce solutions that are tailor-made for our target communities, are cost-effective and implementable, are sustainable, and are in line with our values and work.
- ID has reached and enhanced the education of over 6.4 million children through direct programs and broader dissemination efforts. *
- Partners reported 100% overall satisfaction across ID-tested solutions. *
- ID has published six articles in various international journals and publications including OECD, Harvard, UNESCO, and INEE. *
- ID has been recognized by 4 global awards including the WISE Awards, mEducation Alliance Awards, HundrED Rapid Response Award, and QS-Wharton Reimagine Education Award. *
* As of November 2023
- Internet Free Education Resource Bank (IFERB): A universally accessible collection of cost-free, technology-free, and low-resource requiring project-based learning resources, games, and activities for hands-on, exploratory, and student-led learning.
- IFERB Education in Emergencies: IFERB content that caters to the specific educational and socioemotional needs of refugees from specific contexts including Ukraine and Afghanistan.
- Digital School Program: A programme that supports out-of-school adolescents through flexible and adaptable hybrid learning towards a recognized pathway.
- Livelihoods Programme: Holistic education aimed to equip out-of-school children and youth with the skills needed to tackle livelihood-related challenges that are resulting from climate change.
- Evoke: An award-winning, multiplayer online educational experience.