Special Side Event to the United Nations High Level Political Forum 2020
The world has reeled at the number of children who have had their education interrupted as a result of school closings and the need to increase geographic distance between people to protect the health of their populations.
On the occasion of the UN HLPF, the State of Qatar, the Qatar Fund For Development, the Islamic Solidarity Fund for Development and the Education Above All Foundation will hold a High-level virtual event. Participants from UNESCO, The World Bank, the WHO and others will address the complex challenges that COVID-19 creates and explore selected means in which education can address and fulfil its obligations during and post COVID-19 times.
On this occasion, the Education Above All Foundation will make a special announcement launching the new EAA/EAC-ADB partnership for OOSC and children at-risk of dropping out.
- H.E. Alya Ahmed bin Saif Al-Thani, Permanent Representative of the State of Qatar to the United Nations in New York
- H.E. Dr. Mamadou Tangara, Minister of Foreign Affairs, International Cooperation and Gambians Abroad, Republic of The Gambia
- H.E. Khalifa Jassim Al-Kuwari, Director-General of Qatar Fund for Development
- Ms. Stephania Giannini, Assistant Director-General for Education of UNESCO
- Mr. Stewart Simonson, Assistant Director-General of the World Health Organization (WHO) Office at the United Nations
Moderated Panel Discussion
- Dr. Waleed Abdul Mohsin Al Wohaib, Director General, Islamic Solidarity Fund for Development (ISFD)
- Dr. Jaime Saavedra Chanduvi, Global Director, of Education Practice, World Bank
- Mr. Brajesh Panth, Chief of Education Sector Group, Asian Development Bank
- Dr Tariq Cheema, Country Representative, Alight (Formerly ARC), Pakistan
- Dr. Safiqul Islam, Director Education Programme, BRAC
- H.E. Mr. Fahad Al Sulaiti, CEO, Education Above All foundation
- Ms. Noof Al-Jefairi, Youth Advocate, Education Above All foundation
- Mr. Ousman Camara, Youth Advocate, Education Above All foundation
- Mr Robert Jenkins, Chief, Education Programme and Associate Director, Programme Division, UNICEF