EAC's Results Tracking System
School age children living in extreme poverty, remote and rural geographies, and/or from ethnic or linguistic minorities, girls and children with disabilities, as well as mobile populations, are the most at risk of exclusion from education and often become invisible to the education system at large because they are not counted. EAC is committed to accurate, reliable and verifiable data to ensure it is fulfilling its mandate to enrol and retain OOSC ensuring their completion of a full course of primary education and put in place robust monitoring and evaluation framework and systems in order to ensure accountability to all stakeholders and generate learnings.
EAC, in its short history, building on the vision set by Her Highness Sheikha Moza bint Nasser, has secured more than 10.4 million commitments and enrolled over 8.4 million children, providing educational opportunities in over 50 countries.
The links below will lead you to answers on how do we find children who are not in school? How do we count them? What do we do to ensure they have education opportunities? How do we know if they participate and progress in an education programme offered to them?
Resources and Guidelines on EAC M&E Function
- Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (2013, PDF - 1.42 MB)
- Key Performance Indicators - December 2016 (PDF - 548.61 KB)
- Guidelines: Monitoring and Evaluation System (Demember 2016, PDF - 218.65 KB)
- EAC Semi-annual M&E Online System User’s Manual (January 2017, PDF - 2.74 MB)
- EAC Semi-annual Financial Report Template (January 2017, XLS - 121.23 KB)
- EAC Semi-annual Technical Report Guidelines (January 2017, PDF - 475 KB)
- EAC Site Monitoring Guide (June 2014, PDF - 2.42 MB)
From the Library:
- Inclusion: Counting and accounting for Out-of-school Children (June 2019, Occasional Paper #5)
- Leveraging Community and Government Resources for Gender and Educational Equity in India: A Case Study of Educate Girls (Case Study, July 2019)
- Flexible, Multi-Level Learning for OOSC: Dhaka Ahsania Mission's Children's Learning Centers, A Case Study (Case Study, December 2018)
- EAC Case Study: International Rescue Committee's "Save for School" Program in Côte d'Ivoire (Case Study, August 2017)