Gala Dinner 2014
Gala Dinner Auction Items
Reach Out to Asia (ROTA), a member of Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development, will be hosting its highly anticipated 5th Gala Dinner and charity event on 15th November 2014.
The event is being held under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Emir of the State of Qatar and the leadership of Her Excellency Sheikha Al Mayassa bint Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, Chairperson of ROTA's Board of Directors.
The theme of Gala Dinner 2014 is "Plant a Book …. Harvest a Future”, the event will be raising funds through a charity auction managed by the world-famous auction house Sotheby’s, known for its unique collections.
Proceeds from the auction will support ROTA’s educational developmental projects, ensuring they continue to make a positive impact and moving them forward toward ROTA’s vision for the future.
The event will be held at the Castle of Sheikh Ali Bin Abdulla Al Thani, a unique and architectural masterpiece known for an impressive library that has been hailed as one of Qatar’s first great knowledge oases.
A charity auction of unique collectibles including:
BLACK FACETED NECKLACE by Angelina Jolie
- An Authentic Arabian horse "Nujood Al Shaqab" donated by Al Shaqab
- A Hermès Ladies Side Saddle donated by Mr. Wissam Saleh Al Mana
- Mini Paceman car exclusively designed by global artist Damien Hirst, donated by Al-Fardan Automobiles
- A safari trip and extraordinary experience in South Africa for two people – offered by Singita and One & Only hotels
- A black gold necklace donated by the American actress Angelina Jolie and created by jewelry designer Robert Procop
- A motorcycle donated by Nasser Bin Khaled (NBK) Holding Company and signed by Agostini, the world champion Grand Prix motorcycle road racer.
- ROTA education projects in Palestine, Tunisia, Nepal, Pakistan and one helping Syrian refugees in Lebanon.
There is also a silent auction, which will feature a unique collection of artwork and gold ornaments from Doha’s iconic Museum of Islamic Art.
The event will host an impressive number of Gulf and Arab superstars - artists who never hesitate to support ROTA and raise awareness for our cause. They are:
- Tunisian singer Latifa, the first Arab artist to establish a charity institution supporting philanthropic activities in the Arab world.
- Artist Hussain Al Jasmi, a UN Goodwill Ambassador
- Renowned Yemeni artist Ahmed Fathi who will perform an exceptional show for the audience.
- Bahraini Poet and media figure Parween Habib.
- Exceptional entertainer Lojain Omran, known of her philanthropic campaigns supporting Syrian refugees