Investing In Climate Change Education For A Greener Future - An Intergenerational Dialogue
The Education Above All Foundation (EAA), in collaboration with the Permanent Mission of the State of Qatar to the United Nations, the Permanent Mission of the Kingdom of Morocco to the United Nations, Generation Unlimited and Silatech, will host a side event during the upcoming Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Action Weekend on 16th September in New York. This side event will contribute to the collective recommendations of youth on climate change education, and the transition to a greener, more inclusive economy for decision and policymakers at the SDG Summit 2023 and COP28.
At EAA, we believe that climate action is impossible without engaging young people. Therefore, it is critical to meaningfully engage youth in the process and empower them to address their issues and concerns relating to climate change education in ways that ensure their active and relevant engagement in addressing climate change challenges.
- Mr. Ahmed Mohammed Al Sada, Assistant Undersecretary for Environmental Affairs, Ministry of Environment and Climate Change, Qatar (TBC)
- Mr. Ayman Cherkaoui, Director, Hassan II International Center for Environmental Training, Mohammed VI Foundation for Environmental Protection, Kingdom of Morocco
- Ms. Stefania Giannini, Assistant Director-General for Education, UNESCO
- Mr. Kevin Frey, CEO, Generation Unlimited, UNICEF
- Mr. Asif Saleh, Executive Director, BRAC
- Mr. Brighton Kaoma, Global Director, SDSN Youth (Youth Panellist)
- Mr. Taha Bawa, Co-Founder and CEO of Goodwall (Youth Panellist)
- Ms. Vicky Aridi, Program Manager, Youth Economic Opportunities 2030 (Youth Panellist)
- Ms. Hana Elshehaby, EAA Youth Advocate
- Mr. Bader Alamari, Qatar Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Youth Ambassador
Moderator: Mr. George Tavola (EAA)
- Present partners’ initiatives in supporting young people’s engagement in climate change education and green skills for green jobs.
- Promote a dialogue between young people and partner organizations with regards to climate change education and green skills for green jobs.
- Receive recommendations from young people on the future of climate change education and green skills for green jobs for the SDG Summit and COP28.
- Receive recommendations by partner organizations on actions to be taken to advance climate change education and support young people’s engagement in climate action
Location: Room CR7, UN HQ, NY
Date/Time: Saturday 16th September 2023, 16:15-17:45 EST
Watch the Livestream: https://media.un.org/en/asset/k1i/k1iakchom0