RYSC Leadership Training
RYSC Leadership Training is a fun 4-day interactive training and outdoor learning program for young people, added between 14 -24 years old who are interested in leading a Youth Service Club. This training will equip youth with skills, knowledge and abilities to effectively run a ROTA Youth Service Club (RYSC).
- If you want to lead…
- serve your community...
- advocate for global social change…
Then the ROTA Youth Service Club and Leadership Training is for You!
RYSCs are a network of self directed, extracurricular youth service clubs. The Clubs, which are supported by the ROTA Qatar program, provide a unique opportunity for young people in Qatar to develop leadership skills, gain understanding of international and community development issues as well as practical experience to carry out creative projects that address local and global issues.
RYSC Leadership Training will be held on
Date: 15—18 February 2012
Venue: Weill Cornell Medical College
Time: 8:00am—5:00pm daily; Friday : 12:30pm—7:00pm
What will the program include?
- 1-day outdoor team building activity in a sports club
- Series of Interactive learning workshops on:
-> Personal development
-> Leadership skills
-> Team building Advocacy
-> Project Management
-> Tools to manage a youth service club
-> Understand critical global issues
-> Creative Workshops on filmmaking, drama production and photography
- Student led presentation on framework to apply the knowledge in serving the community
- Mentally challenging, reflective and mind boggling out of the classroom activities
Learning benefits and outcomes – Why attend?
At the end of the this training you will be able to:
- Learn to set personal goals and understand your values and worldview and its effect on how you interact with the world
- Enhance and develop key leadership and communication skills
- Acquire knowledge and skills in carrying out community projects and campaigns
- Increase your ability to think critically about key global issues
- Learn new ways and means to be advocate for change
- Meet likeminded people and make more friends
- Increase your passion to be a change agent
This training will be conducted in ARABIC Language.
Numbers of participants are limited.If you are interested, please contact:
Learning & Capacity Building Coordinator
Tel: +974 4454 1611
ROTAQ at email@example.com