HE Sheikha Alya bint Ahmed Al Thani
- Ambassador Alya holds a Master's Degree in International Studies and Diplomacy (ISD) from the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) part of the University of London.
- She graduated from Qatar University with a Bachelor degree in Economics: from the Faculty of Business Administration and Economics.
- Permanent Representative of the State of Qatar to the United Nations from October 17, 2013 to Present.
- Permanent Representative of the State of Qatar to the United Nations Office in Geneva (UNOG) from December 2011 to September 2013, representing the State of Qatar during Qatar’s membership in the UN Human Rights Council, the Executive Council of the World Health Organization (WHO), and the Executive Council of the International Labor Organization (ILO)
- Permanent Representative of the State of Qatar to the World Trade Organization (WTO): 2011-2013
- General Consul of the State of Qatar to the Swiss Federation: 2011-2013.
- Worked at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the State of Qatar, and served as a Counselor at the Permanent Mission of the State of Qatar to the UN in New York from June 2007 to July 2011, assuming various responsibilities prior to her appointment as Deputy Permanent Representative in 2010.
- Started her career as a Social Policy Researcher, then Director of the Department of the Rights of the Child, Policy Division at the Secretariat of Qatar’s Supreme Council for Family Affairs from 1999 to 2007.