Job: Communication Specialist
Work Location: Qatar
Contract Duration: 9 Months [Extendable]
Sponsorship Status: Local Hires Only [Family Sponsored]
Closing Date: March 20, 2023
The objective of this role is to coordinate, contribute to and manage all aspects of the communications to amplify the impact of the work of the Directorate. Also, to assist to increase visibility and impact of directorate communications activities.
- Develop and execute communication strategies to support department's goals and initiatives.
- Coordinate and oversee all activities in collaboration with the communications department and act as the Directorate focal point.
- Assist with events planning and execution by creating relevant departmental content and coordinating logistics.
- Support with all departmental requests and activities with regards to the upcoming WISE 2023 event.
- Identify, support and track applications for awards and grants for the different ID solutions.
- Create and distribute clear and concise messaging across various channels, including websites, emails, newsletters, brochures, etc.
- Write and edit internal and external communications, including reports, memos, and presentations, ensuring consistent tone and messaging.
- Lead the creation of visual content to support ID activities
- Manage the ID Media Database, including organization, tagging and continuous updating.
- Support the upgradation of the website with all relevant communications materials keeping in mind the UX
- Create Opportunities to increase communications with key targeted audiences.
- Evaluate results and impact of communications activities; report on developments, trends and establish metric for gauging impact.
- Develop weekly and monthly report following developed work plan,
- Coordinate and finalize # of communication outcomes
- Work with the ID team on the development and curation of content.
- Manage and oversee all contextualization and translation work streams.
Education, Experience and Key Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, Journalism or any relevant field.
- 3 years of professional experience in communications, preferably with an international organization and or an NGO
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Graphic design abilities
- Writing skills
- Ability to work with Microsoft PowerPoint and similar tools
- Excellent analytical skills
- Sharp sighted and forward looking attitude
- Knowledge of new trends and practices in the education sector
- Knowledge of communication Tools and Techniques
- Well organized, able to manage multiple tasks
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision but skillful in collaborating and coordinating with other projects staff and partners
- Resourceful personality
- Knowledge of the environment in which NGO operate will be an added advantage
Please ensure your application email has the subject heading of [Communication Specialist] – [insert your name]
Due to the large volume of applications, we usually receive; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advanced to the next stage of the selection process. EAA might review applications before advert deadline therefore; interested candidates are encouraged to apply early.
Best of Luck.