EAA is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Strategy and Performance Manager to lead the development, communication, execution, and evaluation of the organization's overall strategy. The successful candidate will possess expertise in strategic planning, Theory of Change (TOC), Results Based Management (RBM), and project management, and have a strong background in the NGO sector, United Nations, or consultancy firms. Key responsibilities include strategy development, translation, cascading, alignment, communication, integrating TOC and RBM methodologies, and progress reporting and analysis.
The Strategy and Performance Manager leads EAA's overall strategy development, execution, and evaluation, ensuring departmental alignment with strategic initiatives and objectives. The Manager monitors progress, identifies performance metrics, and reports on strategic achievements. By fostering a culture of excellence, innovation, and creativity, the Manager aligns EAA's strategic direction with organizational values. Additionally, the Manager collaborates with the Policy and Research department in SPR to gather insights for supporting C-level decision-making and policy development.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES
1. EAA Strategy Development:
- Develop and manage EAA's strategic planning framework.
- Collaborate with the executive management team on strategy development.
- Analyze external factors and conduct gap analysis.
- Organize annual strategy retreat and communicate results
2. EAA Strategy Translation & Initiative Management:
- Review and update strategic objectives, KPIs, and initiatives.
- Determine resources required and update strategic initiative plans.
- Submit strategy plan for approval and lead strategic initiatives.
- Monitor progress, address risks, and ensure effective communication
3. EAA Strategic Cascading and Alignment:
- Establish strategy execution framework.
- Review departmental contributions and alignment with organizational strategy.
- Conduct alignment workshops and submit department scorecards.
- Present strategy execution progress and support key initiatives
4. EAA Strategy Reporting:
- Develop strategy communication objectives and key messages.
- Analyze communication feedback and manage communication plan execution.
- Ensure effective collaboration and continuous improvement of communication plan.
- Align communication efforts with the overall EAA strategy.
5. Theory of Change (TOC) and Results-Based Management (RBM) Integration:
- Apply TOC and RBM methodologies in strategic initiatives.
- Integrate TOC and RBM principles in objective and KPI development.
6. Progress Reporting and Analysis:
- Produce progress reports and present them to the executive management team.
- Identify trends and patterns in data for informed decision-making.
7. Managing Corporater BMP Implementation
- Understand and apply Corporater BMP features.
- Coordinate with external consultants for customization and alignment.
- Act as primary contact between organization, consultants, and software vendor.
- Ensure data integrity and provide direction on reporting.
- Collaborate on KPI review, training, and software updates.
- Identify and implement process improvements related to Corporater BMP usage.
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, and 8-10 years of full-time work experience, 3 of which at a supervisory level in international NGOs, United Nations organizations, or top consultancy firms.
- Strong knowledge of strategic planning techniques, TOC, RBM, Corporater RBM and Microsoft Office tools. Successful candidate should be highly motivated, adaptable, resilient, and committed to EAA's mission and values.
- Know-how of strategic planning techniques
- Know-how of managing the execution of strategic initiatives
- Knowledge of Theory of Change (TOC) and Results-Based Management (RBM) methodologies and their practical application
- Knowledge of Corporater BMP or similar performance management software applications.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to synthesize complex data and draw meaningful conclusions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively convey complex information to diverse audiences
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently
- High-level proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams and stakeholders
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, and to develop and implement innovative solutions to complex problems
- Strong understanding of the external environment affecting EAA's strategy and the ability to identify and analyze potential risks and opportunities
- Highly motivated, with a strong drive for results
- Adaptable and flexible, with the ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Resilient and resourceful, with the ability to overcome challenges and find creative solutions
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Strong commitment to EAA's mission, values, and culture
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships and effectively engage with diverse stakeholders
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally as required
- Fluency in English, with knowledge of additional languages considered an asset
- Timely and accurate completion of all assigned tasks and responsibilities
- Regularly contribute to EAA's strategic planning and implementation process, ensuring alignment with the organization's mission, vision, and values
- Demonstrate continuous improvement in the execution of strategic initiatives, as evidenced by achieving or exceeding established KPIs and milestones
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, fostering a collaborative and supportive work environment
- Continuously enhance personal and professional skills, staying up-to-date with industry best practices and emerging trends in strategy, TOC, RBM, and related fields
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plan, and paid time off
- Opportunity to work in a diverse, dynamic, and mission-driven organization that is committed to excellence, innovation, and creativity
- Access to a supportive network of colleagues and mentors within EAA and the broader strategic planning and management community
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and any relevant supporting documents (e.g., certifications, writing samples) to email@example.com
Please include the position title "Strategy and Performance Manager" in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
EAA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
Best of Luck.
EAA Recruitment Team