Education Above All (EAA) seeks to transform lives through education. We aim is to contribute to human, social, and economic development through quality education and other welfare programmes and initiatives. With a particular focus on areas affected by poverty, conflict and disaster, we will champion the needs of children and women and empower them to be active members of their communities. By meeting the demand for education, we will equip them to support sustainable development and to nurture environments of peace, security, justice and prosperity.
Working for Education Above All is more than just a job. It’s the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making the world a better place for children and working with others who feel the same. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute - then join us and you’ll be in for a challenging and rewarding experience.
Educate a Child is a global program of the Education Above All Foundation (EAA) that aims to significantly reduce the number of children worldwide who are denied their right to education. EAC is, at its heart, is a commitment to children who are out of school to help provide them with opportunities to learn and as such, it contributes to the UN's Global Education First Initiative and the Millennium Development Goal 2.
About the Position
We're looking for an ambitious and target driven Education expert to be responsible for engaging key partners in support of the enrolment and education of out of school children (OOSC) into quality education. Carry out the day-to-day operations of the Technical Department in close coordination with other EAA/EAC departments and partners. Also, responsible for working with the assigned ODA focal points to ensure coherence with EAC policies and approaches with special attention to EAC’s KPIs, deliverables and technical quality assurance.
- Develop a regional strategy and plan/direction to enroll and retain OOSC that is congruent with Program and Foundation strategies.
- Develop a regional portfolio of projects and partners.
- Lead potential partner opportunity and capacity assessment.
- Lead the identification of potential partners and innovative interventions to support.
- Initiate initial communication and maintain engagement with potential partners.
- Manage proposal assessment review process.
- Review, assess and provide recommendations on proposals, including program design, budgets and M&E plans.
- Conduct on-site due diligence of potential partners as and when required to confirm validity and quality of the proposed project and implementing partner in technical, organizational, M&E and reputational areas are covered.
- Participate in proposal review committee meetings as and when required.
- Manage a regional portfolio of high impact partner projects.
- Serve as a regional/project focal point for multiple strategic and complex partnerships, and monitor project implementation progress, targets and achievements.
- Conduct reviews on semi-annual technical reports submitted by partners in order to track the progress of the program/partner.
- Develop cost effective instruments and tools for the collection and analysis of programme data as needed throughout the life of the EAC projects.
- Contribute to the identification of the need for design and conduct, of routine site monitoring visits in accordance with the approved scope of work.
- Respond in a prompt and efficient manner to all incoming partner requests. Liaise with other EAC departments, if required.
- Provide technical support, recommendations and/or advice to partners regarding concerns/issues in order to optimize performance across EAC programs.
- Advocate, build relationships, and develop channels for dialogue with key community influencers and organizations in order to achieve EAA/EAC objectives.
- Work with different teams and departments to identify potential projects that could be supported through potential donors.
- Serve as a focal point for ODA and private partners for resource mobilization as assigned.
- Develop high level briefs requested by external or internal stakeholders.
- Lead thematic, country/regional or project briefings requested by external or internal stakeholders.
- Promote/advocate for institution’s visibility, brand and strategic position.
- Represent EAC/EAA in dealings with organizations, individual groups and relevant government and non-government bodies as required.
- Participate in global and regional events, working with partners, to market and enhance EAA’s/EAC’s position and image.
- Plan events such as high-level meetings, WISE, and partner meetings.
- Advise on programme strategic plan and direction.
- Work closely with other EAA programmes and colleagues to develop and carry out foundation-wide initiatives.
- Engage with global initiatives to situate/position EAA/EAC as a key player in the international development community.
- Represent EAC and EAA in regional and international forums.
- Manage inter-programme initiatives as the EAC representative.
- Manage and foster a strategic partnership with a number of bilateral, foundation, and UN agency partners, through various initiatives.
In order to be successful in this role you will bring;
- Master’s degree in Education or other relevant field & a minimum of 10 years of relevant full-time work experience in providing technical assistance to large education development programs in the developing world
- Fluency in Spanish (both oral and written) is highly desirable
- Extensive and diverse field experience with education projects
- Extensive and diverse management experience with education and development projects
- Extensive and demonstrable (8 years or more) experience in managing and leading donor funded projects and programs in multiple countries
- Successfully led teams to implement, monitor and deliver grant agreement milestones and targets
- Designed and published research and seminal reports, preferred
- Designed successfully funded proposals and projects
- Successfully negotiated with host country governments on program implementation;
- Extensive knowledge in trends in educational policy, access and quality Extensive experience with donor contacts and interactions
- Extensive knowledge with project cycles and agreements
- Extensive experience with working with government counterparts
- Experience working with and building collaborative relationships with ministries of education, donors, and NGOs.
- Experience in managing and monitoring field-based projects
- Experience in designing, conducting and understanding research
- Extensive Knowledge of international education indicators and frameworks
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plan, and paid time off
- Opportunity to work in a diverse, dynamic, and mission-driven organization that is committed to excellence, innovation, and creativity
- Access to a supportive network of colleagues and mentors within EAA and its programs
Please ensure your application email has the subject heading of [Head of Education, EAC] – [insert your name]
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Best of Luck.
EAA Recruitment Team